Your health and wellbeing
We want to make sure we do everything we can to make sure you stay healthy and, where necessary, help you to manage your own health condition.
There is a huge amount of information to help you do this, but the main resource from the NHS is the NHS Choices website at www.nhs.uk
It's a comprehensive information service, designed to help put you in control of your own health. The service is intended to help you make choices about your health, from lifestyle decisions about things like smoking, drinking and exercise, through to the practical aspects of finding and using NHS services in England when you need them.
The NHS Choices website can also give you advice on a wide range of medical conditions and treatments. You can:
- Enter your symptoms online and get advice on treating common health problems at home
- Get quick answers to hundreds of the most common health questions
- Find a range of useful phone numbers
Other good resources that help you to learn more about living a healthier lifestyle include:
Change4Life www.nhs.uk/Change4Life/ drinkaware www.drinkaware.co.uk and One You www.nhs.uk/oneyou
What to do if you feel unwell
There are times when we all feel unwell. But, did you know that your GP and Accident and Emergency Department are not the only sources of treatment available to you when you are ill or injured? Choose Well details the different options available to you.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
The PALS team is a confidential service and provides advice and support to help you deal with any concerns you may have about the care provided in your area, and will guide you through the range of services available from the NHS.
- Advise and support patients, their families and carers
- Provide on-the-spot information about NHS services
- Listen to your concerns and suggestions
- Help you deal with any problems or issues quickly and without fuss
- Record any feedback or comments you have so that we can learn from your experience to improve our services
You can get in touch with the team in the following ways:
Tel: 0161 212 6270